Thursday, January 15, 2015

And now it's January!

I seriously do not know where the time goes.  Every time I think about blogging it seems like it haven't been that long since I blogged, but then it really has!  We had a very fun Christmas although again it felt like part of our family was missing.  We really thought we would have him here by Christmas, so that was disappointing, but we have to trust in God's perfect timing.  We got to have my sister and niece here, as well as my grandma, so that was so much fun!  Last New Year's Eve we started writing down our predictions for the next year, and looking at what we wrote down last year.  Last year we predicted that we would adopt a little boy.  Last January, we didn't even know his name and now he is woven into our hearts.

Last week, on January 8 we had our Article 5 pick up.  Now we are just waiting on TA (Travel Approval).  It seems like we are SO CLOSE, but kind of crazy that we still don't have a date.  We are at the point where we keep looking at the calendar and gauging everything by our possible trip.  Will we go to another co-op?  How many AWANA's will we miss?  Can I teach my next Sunday school rotation?  Should we start packing now?  I am definitely a planner by nature, so this is blowing all of that out of the water.  If you want to practice a little more "Let Go and Let God", just pursue adoption.  :)

So, in the meantime, I have been working on an ultimate packing list, setting up his room, buying remedies for anything we have heard might be a problem eating and drinking in China, making sure everyone has gloves and coats, learning some more Chinese phrases and praying, praying, praying.  We have felt like he has been a part of our family for almost a year now and we are so ready for him to physically be here.  It's so very exciting and I can't believe that in a month we could be sitting in China as a family of five!!!

 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.  John 14:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment