Friday, October 12, 2012

Leap Of Faith

I have been praying for a long time to be better at hearing God's word and understanding what he wants from me.  A few weeks ago, I just knew that we were going to see M's occupational therapist at church the next day.  It was a feeling, a sureness and a peace about it.  I certainly doubted this sureness, but as we were going to pick up A at Sunday School, we sure did see her.  We knew that she went to our church, but we had never seen her before now.

 I think God was preparing me to know what it was like to hear His voice.  Last Saturday night, I just knew that I was supposed to quit my job.  I really enjoy my job (I work part time as a tutor for kids with special needs), but we are trying very hard this year to simplify our life.  We have tried to make our house simpler, our schedule less cluttered, our homeschooling simpler and just focus on what is important and what works.  So, I know that the time we are spending with me preparing for my job, doing paperwork, having meetings and then attending work is not part of the plan right now.

It was sad to email my boss and tell her, and I know she was surprised-the school year just started a month ago.  I am staying on until they find people to replace both of my positions (I am actually at two different schools with two sets of kids), but I have complete faith that the right people will step forward when the time is right.  I have second guessed myself on this, but I know that it is the right decision and I know that God knows what is ahead and how to best prepare us for it.  That makes it exciting!

The other big change we are trying around here is that we (mostly M) are going on the feingold diet.  This is a diet for ADHD which removes all artificial colors, flavors, fragrances, and some other big words that I am unsure of right now.  :)  At this point we have been doing it almost a week and she may be getting sick of eating the same foods since I'm not sure of a lot of ingredients and recipes yet, but we are noticing differences.  So, this is of course another reason that having more time at home to prepare food and learn all about this will be great!

I'm sure our future adopted child(ren) will be grateful to be entering a home that is less chaotic and hopefully cleaner and more organized.  :)  Maybe I can even start seeing what kind of Ethiopian foods are feingold-friendly!  LOL

"Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment