Monday, May 27, 2013

T-Shirts, A Website And An Update

I just love it when God confirms something that I think I'm supposed to do.  I had just told Chris that my next blog post was going to be about T-shirts.  Last week, I was on some blog websites and I saw some people's fundraisers, some of which were T-shirts.    I thought, how cool would that be when I feel like I need some new shirts to be able to bless someone's efforts towards adoption AND be able to use my choice in clothing to witness to and inspire people who see me.  Earlier in the week, I had received an email for people who were frequent sponsors of the Birthday Buddy program here to purchase a Foster and Adoptive Care T-shirt, which I did.  That got me thinking about using what we wear as a way to witness, start conversations and speak to other people.  We all have shirts that promote our favorite team, our favorite places to visit and our favorite brands, so why not use this as a new platform?  I often tend to notice people's shirts, and I think everyone does if you are standing in a long line somewhere or traveling where you might see the same person for long periods of time, so what a great way to promote your favorite charity or organization or fund. 

So, how did God confirm this blog post?  My sweet niece found a website where you can enter a shape and words, and these words are put into the shape onto a T-shirt, so tonight thanks to my wonderful brother-in-law, sister-in-law and nieces, I received the T-shirt pictured below.  Beautiful!!


The other thing I wanted to email about was the coolest website I have discovered!  If you have never checked out www.goodmorninggirls.com, you should!  It has some awesome free Bible studies, inspirational videos and there is a book study starting up in a week!!  I have really loved finding this website and I want to definitely share it with others!!

So, for the update on the adoption.  We just had a phone webinar with our agency (and I really love how proactive they have been since the beginning about any changes) this week to talk about possible upcoming change with Ethiopia.  Basically, Ethiopia is re-evaluating the process, the programs and corruption, so changes could be ahead, although no one really knows exactly what that could entail, but what it will definitely entail will be longer wait times.  They are preparing parents now for 3 and 1/2 years at this point.  We would love to ask for your prayers as we process everything and decide how this looks for us.  We will also no longer be receiving wait list numbers, so after April 2013, our wait list numbers will not be listed on here. 

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.  Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment