Sunday, February 17, 2013

Changes

I think it's putting it mildly when I say that I'm not really huge on change.  I have lived in St. Louis my whole life, minus the four years in college.  I even live in the same area that I grew up in where I could get to my elementary school in about five minutes.  Although my lovely husband has expanded my palate, I still like to eat rice for dinner and I still like watching "Little House On The Prairie".  

Now there are changes that I plan on and then there are the changes that God has planned for you that you can accept and go with or fight (ie. the story of Jonah).  Part of my journey with my Christian walk has included learning to let go and let God.  Even though I am not in control, I do admit that I like to feel like I am.  This is not a great quality when dealing with adoption...or kids....or life in general.  Ha!  

Lately we have been feeling like our life will be changing.  Now, my more planning brain likes to think of all of the possibilities and plan for each one of them.  God must roll his eyes at me sometimes.  I have become much more of a go with the flow kind of person-homeschooling will do that to you-but I still like to know what is ahead.  I actually want to read the spoiler alert and find out what to be prepared for in a movie.  I have read the last part of a book to see if someone survives.  Although my 30th surprise birthday party was lots of fun, it put me out of my comfort zone.  

What I am learning, though, is that God wants us out of our comfort zone.  He never says that we will be comfortable, in fact he says quite the opposite.  However, and this is a big however, he promises that he can do amazing things with our lives!  He can't do these things, though, if we insist on maintaing our control.  I am just learning these things and it's scary, but if I can't trust the creator of our universe and instead choose to trust myself, then I know now that I am passing up some great opportunities.  

 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.  Matthew 6:31-34

No comments:

Post a Comment